Tuesday, October 23

Emo Girl

We all knew her in highschool,
black hair black clothers, never cool,
acted cool, pink toung ring,
pink highligts, chains ever dangling,
sporting hello-kitty shirts,
with eyes and face oozing hurt,

in the clasrooms and school halls,
she'd roll by, face of'a porclin doll,
huddled with her clique of rejects,
rejected by the word, insects
squashed by societies norms
a normal sub-urban girl
ready to call forth hell storms
from wiccan gods and pentagrams

she'd come and we'd make the sign
signifying we saw the line
on her wrist, timely marking
her for what she is, marking
the freakish melodramatic
cutter calling for attention,
daddies little imperfection,

She'd come and we'd make the sign
one had drawn accross wrist lines
imaginary lines, pointless lines,
no blades, no pain, just acting,
acting out her dark drawing
drawing out her empassioned pain,

she'd come and we'd make the sign,
just a joke, completely begin
to us, but she saw, and she cried
cried, powerless even when she tried
hurt by a lack of empathy
banished by our apathy

she'd come and we'd make the sign
but you never saw what that sign
signified, never a witness
to what I recall as the
drag drip drip drop

But I did, I lived emo-girl,
she was my first love, nicole,
nicole, to her I speak here,
of her and I, I sing clear,
clear as the december night
when we stole our first kiss,
lips blazing heat radiating bliss
stark contrast to the snow fall
crunching with each footfall, stall
stall with all our might, the door in sight
fighting the end, the first goodnight,

I loved emo-girl, hard and deep,
for Eleven months 14 days
I stayed, I saw razor blades,
I knew, I saw countless times
evidence of last nights crimes
the drag drip drip drop

I stayed because I knew
what you said wasn't true,
she had to, she fought the black hue
of her life, I knew she rued
every day she gave in,

you laughed and pointed, tension built
but you never cried from guilt
on your girlfriends bedroom floor
knowing that line was from the night before
when you made her fight your fight
giving her over to the blades delight,
so many lines, my fault, mine
the drag drip drip drop

you say she was calling for attention
damn straight she was, because attention
was what she was lacking as her father
beat her while her mother ignored it,
just as she ignored her,
ignored raped or beaten, trust denied
denied someone willing to help
all she had was the
drag drip drip drop

I quit, gave in, left for good
after eleven months 14 days
it put her in the hospital for days,
I live with the guilt of almost killing her,
her, my first love, my nicole,
so the next time you see emogirl,
and you give the sign I hope see
my face screaming "Fuck you!"

No comments: